Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok In the past week or so Airforce one performance has been using my truck for the R&D on there new intake manifold/horn/plentum what ever you want to call it.:lol3: It looks like it is going to be a really nice pice made from 100% T304 Stainliss steel. From what they tell me It will be avalible with or with out a port block (so with ports there will be nothing sticking in side the tube to disrupt any air flow) and they told me that they are also working on one that deletes the heater grid. They should have it on my truck whith pictures in the next week or so. I will try and poast them as soon as i get them. Just wanted to give you guys & gals a heads up and see what you all think. (Pics are on page 3 & installed pics on page 4)

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
I'm willing to bet they'll get a good chunk of the intake horn sales if they do have one that includes a grid heater delete....:w:

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet!!

So is this going to replace your CFM?
Yes I think it is gonig to once its done. I think its going to be on this week. But we will see:popcorn: I know it already looks really bad a$$ and it hasnt even been polished yet.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm willing to bet they'll get a good chunk of the intake horn sales if they do have one that includes a grid heater delete....:w:
I think what they are thinking of is one that goes all the way down and bolts directly to the manifold. Not a seprate grid heater delete. I think.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
:lol3:

How original :rof

DTT intake

Bob

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats a prety nice looking pice:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys. Its on my truck now and it looks Freakin SWEET!!!:hyper: Its not polished yet tho. In the next day or so its going to be coming back off and sent out for polish. I cant waite to see how it looks when its done! Once it is ill be trying to poast up some picks for you guys:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill get them as soon as I can!:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure yet. The 1st prototype went out for polish yesterday. Im guessing the 1st production run should prob be finished in the next 30-45 days. Ill keep you guys updated as Airforce One Performance gives me the status. And Ill get pics as soon as I can.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And BTW AF1 told me that they are going to have them for all 5.9's from 94-07:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
dont you want it to relese heat better? stainless hold it in very well, but u can get it super shiny and i doubt its enough the affect anything. sounds sweet!

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dont you want it to relese heat better? stainless hold it in very well, but u can get it super shiny and i doubt its enough the affect anything. sounds sweet!
I ran it a few days befor it was sent out to polish and was checking the Air itake temp against the CFM+ and there was really no diffrence in temps. The out side temps were about 100 and the coolant temps were at 190. When i got off the freeway i poped the hood and felt it. It was just luke worm. Just like the CFM+:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I ran it a few days befor it was sent out to polish and was checking the Air itake temp against the CFM+ and there was really no diffrence in temps. The out side temps were about 100 and the coolant temps were at 190. When i got off the freeway i poped the hood and felt it. It was just luke worm. Just like the CFM+:thumbsup
:peelout I have been saying that for ever(intake staying cool)
I think p-bar on tdr needs to hear it from someone else too:beer

Bob

·
Banned
393 Posts
So then the composit material used on the CFM+ really has no effect overall, and as long as you are reducing the turbulence in the manifold, you will get power??? I just changed my mind on the CFM+, why spend well over $300, when it has no effect?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
sounds sweat!
but...
This thread is worthless w/o pics!
:ar15

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was just told by Airforce One Performance that it should be back from polish tomorow:thumbsup I will get pics up as soon as I can. The heat thing I think is why AF1 only uses stainless on there intakes. Becouse It does not transfer heat like aluminum does:beer

1 - 20 of 101 Posts