Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into getting myself an M&H timing spacer. When I got an email reply from them they said they have been out of stock for over a year with no eta on when They will get them back.. Did some googling to see if I could find one elsewhere and found one on amazon:
Brand: Engineered Performance
Dynamic Timing Spacer for 12 Valve Cummins VE Pump
Anyone ever use this one? Is it the same as the M&H spacer?

·
Super Moderator
24,342 Posts
Why do you think you need that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you think you need that?
well, getting ready to do a swap into a squarebody chevy. just got the head redone (valve job, springs, retainer, locks and such for cam) with o rings, have a hamilton 178/208 cam going in, crazy carl intake, he351turbo, pdd exhaust manifold, 4" exhaust, killer dowl pin kit, hungry diesel fuel pin, brass tipped fss from hungry diesel, 3200 gov spring. Still have stock injectors for now. Main reason for wanting to do this before the engine goes in truck is because I have a tru flo 550 air compressor going on also. I think that would be in the way and make it way more difficult later.

·
Super Moderator
24,342 Posts
Did someone recommend that you needed more timing?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been lurking the site for awhile and it seems to be a good idea for the setup I have going together. Many people on here with similar setups say its a good thing. Won't have to skip a tooth or anything on timing. To answer your question, no. No one has directly recommended that I need more timing.

·
Super Moderator
24,342 Posts
Since your buying parts from THD call Eric, he will know.

·
Super Moderator
24,342 Posts
Erics Ramcharger made close to I think 450 hp on the dyno.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've read a bunch of his material on this site and spoken to him twice now. He's a nice guy, seems very knowledgeable and kind enough to help with questions that i've had thus far. I'm pretty new to the diesel world but 450 out of a VE is pretty good! I personally don't really have a horsepower goal. I just want as much as I can get out of it whilst still being usable/reliable power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still have stock injectors for the present. Principle justification for needing to do this before the motor goes in truck is on the grounds that I have a tru flo 550 air blower going on too. I believe that would stand out and make it way more troublesome later.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree. I haven't called eric at THD yet to ask him if he has heard of this brand. maybe he will chime in here.

·
Super Moderator
24,342 Posts
how nicely did your swap go into the k5? Did you build your own crossmember or buy one?
I bought my engine crossmember/motormount brackets from Rob Bonny Fabrication. I have a build it's on the 1st page of the Conversion Section.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts