Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hittin 60K and i can hear squeals comin from the back tires, so i guess its time for a brake job. id like to hold off as long as possible (broke at the moment).

does anybody know the minimum thickness for the brake pads and rotors for a 2004.5 3/4 ton?

Also, im thinking of buying new pads anyway. who makes a good heavyduty brake pad?

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
have you looked at the brakes. no idea on a actualy measurement, I know my fronts have little scrapers on them so that when you get wore out enough they rub and make horrible noise, but no damage. Best thing is pull the wheels and have a look. New pads have about 1/2 to 3/4" of pad. For the price of pads it could cost a lot more if you leave em to long. Then your looking at rotors as well. Chances are if your hearing the little scrapers you will be able to go quite a bit before they actaully get to metal on metal. Also it sounds bad so you can bend them back so not to squeel. just don't forget about it or the next time you hear them it will cost.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the rotors, what is the minimum thickness before i need to have them turned?

i know there is a term for it but i cant remember what its called.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts