Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious how many miles yall are getting to a set of brake pads. I have 56k on my truck and replaced the pads yesterday. Didnt exactly need them yet, still a good 3/8" left on them, but when driving across the country as I do, better to go ahead and do them at the house.

On another note. Makes me wonder why they offer a lifetime warrenty on diesel brakes. I just laughed when he said that. 54 dollars for front brakes for the rest of my trucks life. Im pretty sure they are losing on that deal.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I got 90k miles out of my first set on my 06 dually. That was pulling a trailer that weighed 15k and the trailers brakes only worked half of the time. The rotors wore down below safe tolerances before the pads did.

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
On another note. Makes me wonder why they offer a lifetime warranty on diesel brakes. I just laughed when he said that. 54 dollars for front brakes for the rest of my trucks life. I'm pretty sure they are losing on that deal.
No, they make out good.
Most of the lifetime warrantied pads are so hard they wear out your rotor instead of the pads.
I'd much rather replace five sets of pads vs. one set of rotors.

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
what rotor did you put back on and where did you get them
Best rotor for the money you can use are Brembo. Italian made, not the Chinese junk most are
I get them from Tire Rack but search around and you may find a better price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts