Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Brakes surging

1845 10
I have an 02 Dodge 2500 automatic. A few days ago my brakes began to surge like the ABS was turning on and off, under normal to moderate braking conditions. There is no ABS light on or brake warning lights. I don't have any leaks, and I have used a scan tool and have no existing codes. Also plenty of brake fluid and good pads, it sounds like the ABS is going on and off. A growl with a hard and soft pedal. Any ideas are welcome.

upside down in a ditch soonhttp://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/images/smilies/surrender.gif
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Hows your power steering fluid level. Are you hearing a growling when you turn the wheel, your power steering runs your hydro boost for your brakes

· Registered
2,164 Posts
mine does this too. its every now and then. just regularly hitting the brakes, it feels JUST LIKE the ABS is kickin. sometimes you can let off, and then re=apply brakes, but if you NEED to stop you gotta put both feet down, and hard! i think his is the same issue.

· Registered
963 Posts
It could be the ABS motor is dying. Some trucks have the ABS motor stuck on , and they either disconnect ithe harness or pull the ABS fuse. Ive heard that part is very expensive.

· Registered
2,164 Posts
chitty... well keep me posted please. its almost like mine is getting more frequent. still not real bad. the otherday is the first time i actually came close to someone. i usually granny brake.. but the truck is parked for now, and i wanna get that put on the ever growing list of chit to do. thanks! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.