Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone deal with breakperformance.com? Wondering how good their stuff is since they have a lifetime warranty. Looking at having to do the breaks soon on the truck. Might just stick with turning the rotors and go with EBC greenstuff pads.

·
Premium Member
12,050 Posts
Every one has a better mouse trap if you read their propaganda. Why bother???

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking to go with stock rotors and different pads. Just didn't know much on the slotted rotors. Didn't know if having them gave any more stopping advantage.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Anyone deal with breakperformance.com? Wondering how good their stuff is since they have a lifetime warranty. Looking at having to do the breaks soon on the truck. Might just stick with turning the rotors and go with EBC greenstuff pads.
Use what ever brand you like.... I used NAPA because they are right down the street. The only thing I would different than that is I ALWAYS use new rotors. They will provide poor service if cut.

·
ordo ab chao
1,122 Posts
I know my hawks perform best when warm. There is far less fade and more stopping power with the Hawks over my old stock pads. The petal is firmer and the distance is much shorter. I am sure performance rotors would help even more but you have to ask yourself is it really worth the extra $$$ for performance rotors.

I tow 4 to 6K lbs trailers with my truck so the extra stopping power of the pads is greatly appreciated. But so is the tow haul mode, exhaust brake and my H&S mini max transmission software.

Seriously though if your rotors are shot and you have the extra cash then I would go with performance rotors, if not install Hawks or GBC's on the stock rotors and enjoy the difference.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
I know my hawks perform best when warm. There is far less fade and more stopping power with the Hawks over my old stock pads. The petal is firmer and the distance is much shorter. I am sure performance rotors would help even more but you have to ask yourself is it really worth the extra $$$ for performance rotors.

I tow 4 to 6K lbs trailers with my truck so the extra stopping power of the pads is greatly appreciated. But so is the tow haul mode, exhaust brake and my H&S mini max transmission software.

Seriously though if your rotors are shot and you have the extra cash then I would go with performance rotors, if not install Hawks or GBC's on the stock rotors and enjoy the difference.
These are not performance trucks.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

That's what i'll do.

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
These are not performance trucks.
Maybe yours isn't, but a lot of the trucks on this forum are! I bought new rotors from Brakeperfomance.com. They came with free performance pads and I believe the warranty is against cracking and warping, not wear. I bought the slotted and dimpled rotors. Haven't installed them yet though. The dang caliper bracket is torqued to 250 ft.lbs.

As to the comment of performance. I had a F350 before this truck and I thought the braking on the F350 was much better than the OEM Dodge brakes. Which is why i upgraded.

·
Registered
413 Posts
It's been proven that slotted or dimpled rotors do not offer any more performance then standard rotors. Actually they have less surface area and therefore less friction = not as good. They are for asthetic looks and from my experience, the better something looks the more people think they perform.

·
Premium Member
3,790 Posts
The slots aid in reduced warping. Tell you what. You put what you want on your tuck and I'll put what i want on mine. All I know is OEM brakes are worse than Ford OEM brakes, and I want better. My truck is more of a performance truck than OEM so I want better brakes than OEM.

Answer me this. Why do most of the super cars and production sports cars come with slotted and cross drilled rotors? Certainly it can't be because they do a worse job than a solid rotor.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
The slots aid in reduced warping. Tell you what. You put what you want on your tuck and I'll put what i want on mine. All I know is OEM brakes are worse than Ford OEM brakes, and I want better. My truck is more of a performance truck than OEM so I want better brakes than OEM.

Answer me this. Why do most of the super cars and production sports cars come with slotted and cross drilled rotors? Certainly it can't be because they do a worse job than a solid rotor.

And why do race cars usually have zero tread on their tires.:doh: I have lot os tread on my tires.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

Drilled and slotted rotors are designed to reduce and dispurse heat under breaking thus providing better stopping power, saving pad life, and stops warping issues.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Reactions: 7492
1 - 15 of 15 Posts