Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck has 69k on it so I decided to change the brakes. They weren't wore out but it wasn't stopping that good. I just had my rotors turned and put these pads on all four corners. and all I can say is wow! I am very impressed at the stopping power. My truck has never stopped this good.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Be careful with excessive heat/ brake fade!!!!! I was always told NOT to put on ceramic on 3/4 & 1 ton trucks because of that!! Good luck with them

·
Registered
275 Posts
Glad it's working out for you. I have always been told not to run ceramics without upgrading your rotors. I have no experience with ceramics, so can only go by what others have told me. Keep us updated on the performance/life of your pads. I am interested in how they do over time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
:ditto: i'd like to see you keep us posted on how the are. i'm tired of cleaning brake dust of my wheels. i've also tried ebc greenstuff and that crap was just as hard to clean. ceramics are what i'm thinking too.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have ran ceramics on all of my trucks and they are awesome. Very low brake dust and excellent stopping power. You chose wisely.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have ran ceramics on all of my trucks and they are awesome. Very low brake dust and excellent stopping power. You chose wisely.
I run them on my other vehicles & 1/2 ton trucks, but never on the big towing trucks. Call brakeperformance.com & ask them why they don't sell them for our trucks. Do you think it would be the liability??? Unless something changed since I talked to them last year. :S:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts