Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 92 d350 brake lights stay on, on the dash. My brakes are spongy and don't get anything till it is almost to the end of the pedal. I've changed my master cylinder. Could it be the booster? i need some advice.

·
Registered
916 Posts
had the same prob turn out to be the rear brakes were way out of adjustment

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the lights in the dash

·
Registered
916 Posts
well the lights came on as soon as the pedel goes past a surtan point i noticed they went out if i pumped it a couple of times and the pedal stiffened

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
Rear brakes could be out of adjustment. For a quick test set the EMG brake. Then see if the pedal firms up. If it does repair the self adjusters. If it does not bypass the the RWAL valve it is bad most likely.

The light on the dash means the anti lock brake system sees a problem or the vacuum system isn't working properly. Yuur not complaining of a hard brake pedal so I would rule the vac system out.

Most of use unhook that RWAL system controller. It wasn't a good system new and it didn't improve with age eather.

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
I had the same problem and replaced the MC and booster with a rebuilt one. Problem gone for about 6 months then came back. replaced again with a new MC and all has been fine for about 4 years.

Low vacumn will turn on the light on the dash.

Stan

·
Registered
520 Posts
2 brake lights, one is proportioning and one is RWAL. If it is the proportional, an adjustment of the rear and good bleeding may be in order. Then reset the switch per the manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts