Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I'm just used to newer trucks I'm in everyday. But my brake pedal in my 1st gen is so much higher I always kick the side of the pedal before I actually step on the pedal. Is there a way to adjust the height of the pedal?

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
No way to adjust it unless you heat it up But I would not do that what so ever . You also have to remember that the later truck's have alot of sound deading material and carpet padding plus they have adjustable pedal's also .

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I mean the difference in height compared to the gas pedal. I have a 2001 Cummins and drive a 2011 Ford E350 everyday. This old girl seems different. I'll take some measurements in here a few. Maybe I'll raise the gas pedal with a new firewall mount.

Rick

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Difference in height from Gas pedal to brake pedal
2001 Cummins - 3"
1993 Cummins - 6"

Looks like I could mod the gas pedal to come out but need to figure out the firewall mount for the cable housing.

Rick

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
the firewall mount is a plate with 2 stud's To be honest Just live with it because you start messin with it and your going to need a longer cable and all kind's of differfent stuff .

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I got my first gen, that was the first thing I noticed on my 1500 mile road trip home. I was constantly hitting my foot on the side of the pedal when trying to hit the brakes. I have not done anything to it, but have just learned to deal with it. Now after 3 plus years of driving it, not even everyday or every week, it does not bother me at all. I actually have almost forgot about it until I let someone drive and hear them complain about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.