Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says, it's time for me to put new brake pads on my dually. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to buy. This will be my first brake change with this truck. I don't do a whole lot of heavy towing, I just want pads with a good life span and that don't squeak!! Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
check out Geno's garage they have some good stuff

·
Registered
90 Posts
Pads

The best life I have ever gotten out of any pads on my dodge Cummins were Mopar pads. Always worked well for me.:party018:

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I put the EBC green on front and rear.
They stop better than stockers, but next time, I'll put the yellows on the front for more stopping power.
Since I ditched the stock turbo and have no exhaust brake, there are times that the brakes are not strong enough(for me). Worst time is when the electric brake stopped working on the trailer(harness separated between the axles) . That was a white knuckle ride!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I got ebc yellow w/ slotted drilled rotors they r amazing, I also put the yellows on my bro's 06 malibu maxx ss and it stops like a vette. but if ur scared of dust these arent for you

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Good point on the dust. The stocker messed up the stock wheels pretty good. Seems that the stock dust embedded into the wheels.

The greens do little to no dust and it wipes off.

I had yellow on my VW tdi and it to wiped off easily. Lots of dust, but they worked great!

Hit the stop pedal and your eyes...:shock: popped out! :hehe:

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Good point on the dust. The stocker messed up the stock wheels pretty good. Seems that the stock dust embedded into the wheels.

The greens do little to no dust and it wipes off.

I had yellow on my VW tdi and it to wiped off easily. Lots of dust, but they worked great!

Hit the stop pedal and your eyes...:shock: popped out! :hehe:
yea yea when i put them on my bros malibu after they broke in I took my buddy out and pretended we were going to hit a tree then laid on the binders.
he almost shat his pants

·
Smells like Bananas
7,232 Posts
EBC Green Stuff #7000, Dust free and dont squeak. Mopar brand have alot of iron in them and are very corrosive on the wheels.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I like my Hawks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts