Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Dodge ctd 2500 qc sb that w/135k in the winter of '09-'10 (I live in the north east USA) I'm redoing the pickup from the ground up. The problem is the main brake line going to the rear blew and after further inspection I have to replace all the lines and some other stuff like the rear valve for the abs. I order some SS tubing from summit with large selection of fittings but none of the the fittings are the same. Part stores have some of the sizes and I'm sure MOPAR will have them but not in SS. Classic tubing has something thats close in all the brake lines but not exact. I want to fix this one time and be done with it. All the crazy sizes in the fittings is really messing up what would normally be an easy fix. I'm hoping to find someone who has come up with a good solution that makes sense. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time -Dave

·
Registered
97 Posts
most brake line fittings are failry standard, as in, there arent a million different types. find out from dodge what the thread size is, probably 7/16nc or something, and then go to your SS fittings people and get what you need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
01 ctd

just seems to me there are about 7 different thread sizes two or three should work.:confused013:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts