Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 98 dodge cummins 12v ex cab long bed and i happened to let my girlfriend drive the truck and she ended up blowing a brake line. The line that broke was the main line that goes from the proportioning valve on the rear frame rail and then turns into rubber and sits on the rear end, i believe this would be the brake line junction block. I bought the new line and was going to install it but got to a bump in the road when i was not able to figure out how to get the junction block off the rear end. The old one has a nipple for a beather hose but the new one does not also??
Can anyone tell me how i would go about getting the block off the rear end? also why that the old one has a breater nipple and new one does not?

·
Registered
19,118 Posts
........and she ended up blowing a brake line.
Be happy it wasn't your best friend:hehe::rof

That nipple is actually a hollow bolt, and should have a six sided base. Judging by the rust and corrosion there is no way to put a wrench on it. I recommend you soak it long and hard with PB Blaster, or a rust dissolver of your choice. Then carefully wrench it out with a pair of vice grips. You do not want to break the threaded portion off in the axle housing!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.