Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 06 3500 quad cab long bed

When you hit the brakes for the first time the lights will stay on. I tried pushing the plunger back up and they won't go off.

They will only go off once you lock the truck with the key after you cut it off.

Any Ideas?

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Yea mine were doin that too...It just starting to do it one day, dont know why. I taped a beer bottle cap to the part on the pedal that pushes the sensor back in and it works for now....Im goin to look at it and see of there is any kind of adjustment to move it closer....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think that will fix it in my case.

I can push the plunger back up with my finger and they won't go out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
going to pick up a brake light switch today at lunch. Hopefully it will fix it. If not, it is going back to where I bought it and they are going to fix it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, I have put two new switches in it, and neither fixed it.

Driving it back to the dealer that I bought it from this past Saturday, that's right I have had the truck 3 days. Hopefully they can figure it out so I can actually drive this truck that I just bought.

I will post up what they find out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, got the problem fixed.

There was an aftermarket trailer light box that had been tied into the factory wiring and that was causing the lights to come on and stay on.

Probably not everyone else's problem, but that is what was causing mine.

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Well thats good, glad you got it fixed with nothing major. I looked on mine and there isnt any adjustment, but i think I can bend the bracket closer to my pedal and remove the cap....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts