Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a warning on my evic that says brake light out and than goes away. Checked and brake lights are good. This happens only when I start the truck than goes away. No stored message. Anyone have this happen?
Should I plug in my code reader even though there is no message?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Speculating here, I don't have my truck yet. Years ago I had a car that asked you to tap the brake pedal on starting, so it could check the brake light circuit. Does your warning light go away after you press the brake pedal to put it in gear?

·
1,533 Posts
mine does the same... but it comes and goes. It did it a few months ago for perhaps a week and then went away. It came back last week.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't know whether this will help. From the manual:

"Operation of the Brake Warning Light can be checked byturning the ignition switch from the OFF position to the ON/RUN position. The light should illuminate for approximately two seconds. The light should then turn off unless the parking brake is applied or a brake fault is detected. If the light does not illuminate, have the light inspected by an authorized dealer.
The light also will turn on when the parking brake is applied with the ignition switch in the ON/RUN position."

Just a guess, but maybe the intermittent effect you're seeing is because you sometimes have your foot on the brake pedal, or the park brake on, when starting the car, and sometimes not?

·
HI
3,448 Posts
Mine did that a while ago once but hasn't done it since so I'm not worried about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts