Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here is a question to those Crafty persons out there. How had you installed the Brake Light bar that mounts to the underside of the tailgate with that darn spare tire wigit in the way. Pictures are worth a thousand and one words.:SMART: I am interested in adding one and have a few ideas, but I always invite those of ones who did.
Mike B

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
My guess would be go right over it or pull out the grommet... Is there a grommet there? I cant remember, either way, the hole is gonna be in the way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tail light bar

Hey guys - I asked the same question a while back. I don't have any pictures but I can tell you that when I mounted mine the adhesive stripes on the back of the bar lifted the lights just the right amount to go over the very top edge of the grommet for the spare tire rench hole. At the very top edge it is just about perfect placement for the bar. So get your lights - they do fit - and they do not interfer with the spare tire apparatus...!!! I will see if I can get some pictures tonight and post them....:thumbsup

·
Registered
69 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Cruz, That looks great on your truck. The issue is on my 2002 the darn thing is right in the middle. The only way I feel is to relocate the unit a bit lower. I think I will purchase the Fire and Ice and deal with the issue and mount it once I see how I can manipulate it. If anyone installed on a 2002 or earlier let me know. I do like the color of you truck Looks great.
Thanks
Mike B

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks - I like the "patriot" (Navy Blue) best. Sorry - i didn't know you were trying to put it on a older model. Yes they are kind of in the middle of where the light bar goes. There was one fellow suggested to me to put it on using velcro... That may be an option for you!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
i put my fire and ice by moving it up to the top edge of the garmet, works just fine and have had no problems with it, will try to get pics this weekend

Rider

1 - 10 of 10 Posts