Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck is in the sig. I just ordered EBC yellow stuff front pads. I plan on doing the install myself, but have never done brakes. Can someone give me the run down. Anything else I should be concerned about? Do I need to bleed the brakes after if only doing the pads? Do I need to do anything to the rotors? Truck has 63k miles. I tow a small boat and carry a heavy slide-in camper. I also just read the stock rotors cannot keep up with the yellow stuff pads. Am I going to have to get new rotors too? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
962 Posts
You do not need to bleed the brakes but you should flush the whole system. Your fluid will look like coffee and it should be clear. Either turn the rotors or get new ones, Napa has good Rotors but look into EBC Rotors to match the pads. It's an easy job.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks. How are the stock rotors going to handle the more aggressive pads? What fluid should I use to flush the system and how much do I need.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Cool, thanks. How are the stock rotors going to handle the more aggressive pads? What fluid should I use to flush the system and how much do I need.
DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid and nothing else. If you are not familiar with flushing the system get someone who does especially with your ABS system. Be sure each caliper is flushed.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
The brakes on these trucks are brutal. I just ordered new EBC yellow pads and rotors for the front and rear , it has to be an improvement over stock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.