Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a few brake controllers in shop. Will be putting a B&W gooseneck in sometime in the next few weeks/month. Is the wiring for the brake contollers already there? Do I need some sort of pigtail?

Thanks,

Chris

·
MI Chapter President
5,687 Posts
Look under the dash next to the steering column there should be a open plug-in that is blue in color, You should have had a pigtail in your glove box for a brake controller, If not the dealer has them they might just give you.

my 01,06, and dads 05 all had the plugs and pigtails.

Hope this helps
Ian

·
Registered
152 Posts
Look under the dash next to the steering column there should be a open plug-in that is blue in color, You should have had a pigtail in your glove box for a brake controller, If not the dealer has them they might just give you.

Not sure but you may only get the pigtail if the truck was ordered with the tow package option. Either way they can't be more than a few bucks at the parts store since you don't have to buy them from Dodge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will hit them up in a few weeks when I go to get my cab steps put on.

Chris

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ooopppss!

I know that this is going to make me sound like a complete idiot, but some of you will get a good laugh.

I purchased my truck on a friday, spent the weekend at my camp on the river. When I came home on Sunday, I parked my boat in front of my 5th wheel camper. On Monday, I am installing the brake controller that Camping World wanted 75.00 to install.

Some how I knocked the shift in neutral. When I completed the task, I was outside for 15 to 20 minutes. I went inside and came back out a few minutes later to find my brand new truck at the bottom of the hill. It had shoved my boat into my 5th wheel. The damages was well over $10,000.00. Hope yall get a good laugh!:$:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I hate to hear that bro. I had a similar thing happen years ago when I was runnin a stick. I had a 92 Ford Dually Big Block. I fueled up, went in to pay, came out and my truck was gone. Looked to the right and my rig was about 100 yard away across the highway in the ditch. I got lucky it didnt hit anything or anyone. After that, everytime I got out, I set the E-brake. I know it sucks but you arent the only one to do it.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
That sounds terrible! One of my buddies did not set the parking brake on an ashphalt paving roller one day. They left it idling and then went off for lunch. Came back just over an hour later and started working untill they needed the roller. Where is it? They followed the tracks across the parking lot, across a church yard grassed area, down over a curb, across a road, you could see that it had a hard time climbing up the opposite curb, then it went in between some houses, over someone's hedge and then they caught it just before it went off a small cliff into someone's back yard. They were so lucky that it did not hit anything other than the hedge during it's half mile ghost ride through Drayton Valley!

Good luck with repairing your truck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts