Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today i was driving to work adn basically lost my brakes. i had to pump them up bout three times so i would be able to stop other wise it would go to the floor and take forever to stop. i got home adn filled the brake resivoir back up cause it was almost gone adn it still does it. i am wonderign if it is brake booster or master cylinder. i dont have much experience with brakes so what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i just looked at the price for both of them and its just cheaper to replace both of them. so any tips on putting them in would be greatfull. thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
did you check for leaks everywhere. seen a few steel lines rust out up here. If you don't see any leaks make sure you check the rear wheel cylinders. If it is the booster/master cylinder make sure you bench bleed the master cylinder. just put it in a bench vise fill it up w/ fluid and pump it to get it bled well, then put it on. then you'll have to bleed each wheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts