Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Accidently ran my batteries down, gotta a jump from AAA and now the Brake & ABS Lights stay on. How do you reset them or get them to go off. No other problems of any kind in 98000 miles. Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just guessing but the light will probably go out after several key cycles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It Finally worked

On the 8th delivery today as soon as I reached 25mph, they went off. Thanks. Just another way they want you to go into the dealership I Guess.

Thanks alot, jim

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
i have a 2nd gen 24 valve but my abs and brake lights pop on when i start driving, then will stay off for a few days and pop back on again. it is becoming more frequent, would anyone know what is going on?? didnt mean to hijack your thread sorry....

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
bump anyone got any suggestions??

·
Registered
153 Posts
My 99 has had the break and abs lights on for a couple years ... would like to know myself ... also my speedometer doesn't work until I hit 83 mph.

·
Registered
345 Posts
abs sensor could be going out, wiring, lots of things could be the cause and could be a simple fix as your brake fluid is dirty an needs to be flushed

Esjayco- if you look on your rear diff i believe there should be a sensor on the top side of it, if there is take it out that is your abs sensor may be no good anymore and causing your light as well as the problem with your speedo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts