Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k guys i bought me a 94 five speed and the kid i got it from said it had 4k gsk in it but he said he had them 2-3 clicks to tight. what happens is when n nuetral i can slowly rev my truck up to 1200 then it goes straight to 2200+ then gets smooth from there and it will go all the way to 4k smoothly. but when i am driving i smash on it once it gets to about 2500+ it starts missing and sputtering and running like crap. whats wrong wit this thng?would these gsk be adjusted wrong make it do this ? thanks in advance for any advice

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
timing is set at 18 he said. it wil rev smoothly and not miss if i go easy and slow but if i punch it is when it always does it

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the truck has full cut dv,435s, and gsk other than that its stock motor wise except normal pump mods and timing at 18

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump.... anyone else have any ideas

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sry man i guess i should post everythng thts done to it conpletely so i aint wasting ppls time sry. the plate is gone, no afc arm, barrels are turned. i tend to thnk its a fuel delivery problem cuz it wil go there smoothly in nuetral wit no missing but when i punch it even in nuetral it misses and pops and sputters. only when u stab the throttle it does it. i am aggervated and clueless

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Do you have a lift pump? Definitely sounds like not enough fuel...Id also change your fuel filter. Does it have a fuel pressure gauge? Its proboly just not getting enough fuel though. That ia what it sounds like.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it has the stock lift pump on it. it has a fuel pressure gauge but isnt hooked up cuz they sent the kid the wrong adapter to hook the sender in to fuel line and i dnt know wht i need to hook it up. i was thnkin about gettin a raptor 150 and seeing if that helped. i thought if it was a gsk problem it would do it even if i was just rolling into the throttle not only when i stab it

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i gonna get a new fuel filter tommorrow for it. cn i get a new overflow valve at a local auto parts?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
No, they almost certainly won't have it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i wil put a new filter on and see how that does. if it still does it i order a new ofv vlave from pure diesel and see and iff not. i start lookn for a benched pump ha the wife gonna kill me....

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i gonna replace the ofv valve and filter first. where can i get the fitting i need to hook up my gauge. it has 1-8npt threads on the sensor just need fittin to hook it up

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Take the banjo bolt out of the injection pump, the one that holds the supply line to the pump. Drill/tap 1/8th inch npt threads in it. Install fitting. Make sure you use either a snubber or a needle valve to dampen the pressure spikes from the lift pump-otherwise, your gauge will die an early messy death.

If you do this, MAKE DAMN SURE YOU GET ABSOLUTELY EVERY POSSIBLE MOLECULE OF DIRT AND METAL SHAVINGS OFF THE BANJO BOLT. This is after all filtration in the system-anything you leave on it is going right into your injection pump.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it has one wire goin to ground and one goin to gauge. where do i get a snubber or needle valve at. sorry for ignorance just dnt really know wat they r

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
found the install instructions n the glove box it says it just needs tapped and screwed n cuz it has a needle valve already. i guess i wil pull the bolt out today and take it to work nd drill nd tap it and hook gauge up. what is my psi suppose to be at idle, WOT, cruising, etc...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well guys i put a new fuel filter on it today and the truck seemed to come alive, so much tht the first time out it broke the ujoint goin from 3-4 shift and it busted the cases on my transfer case. so now i am n the market for a new one ha.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts