Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a used VP44 cause I really dont have the cash for a new one and when it arrived the controller board is throwing an error code: P1688. I called the guy I got it from and it sounds like it was tampered with during shipping. The box was damaged also with a "sorry" sticker from fedex on it. Is it possible to swap the controller boards from my old pump to the replacement? :S: :$:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
sounds like fedex owes you a new pump

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, but its only insured for $500

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
how much was a used Vp44? i've seen lots of the pumps online for $1000

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got it used for 350, and he said it did not have any error codes and ran good.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
well, at least get your insurance money to cover the true cost!
as far as electronics, i remember reading a few years ago that it is too much to do in your garage. check with II or BD or your favorite vendor that deals with the pumps to get some info.

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Contact Midwest Fuel Injection. That seems to be the cheapest place for a quality IP that I have found. There are guys that have plenty of miles on them.

And no you are not going to get the electronics fixed. You need very specialized equipment, that’s why there are so few companies doing quality rebuilds on them.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,302 Posts
you can not swap the boxon the pump
Nope... Must be put on a calibration bench and calibrated to every set of electronics... Sorry...

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Think about it. Fedex is going to take time and pilfer some wierd pump that is used. BE real, the guy sold you a "CORE" that was bad. Now you are down 350 more from a new one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think about it. Fedex is going to take time and pilfer some wierd pump that is used. BE real, the guy sold you a "CORE" that was bad. Now you are down 350 more from a new one.
That may be, and I have no way of proving it, but im damn sure not gonna tell fedex that. All I know is that the pump was supposed to be good and the box was damaged when I got it by fedex. Im gonna at least try.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts