Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After plugging in the Insight CTS, I found that when I start to pass someone as soon as the transmission down shifts boost goes immediately to 42-46 psi and will stay there until i let off the throttle. Is this normal? I just got the truck last weekend and couldn't find any discussions of normal stock boost. It does the same thing under WOT at 30-40 MPH.

Any info would be appreciated.

TIA

· Registered
1,136 Posts
ummm no thats not normal. the turbo should explode at 40 psi lol! normal boost for a stock truck seems to vary 28-32 psi. this is max boost fyi and will drop down to 20's. Also, to maintain 40+ psi is non existant on the stock turbo. With h&s att, i think the highest spike on this forum was 41 psi and the turbo immediately blew.

· Registered
1,136 Posts
ummm is this reading including atmospheric pressure? im missing something here? There have been a hundred posts/threads on here about 2010-2012 blown turbos from 38-40 psi spikes. and they werent able to even maintain that boost level.

· Registered
213 Posts
Mine without att will hold 34 and spike to 36-37 when pulling lower rpms in a higher gear

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Along the same lines, what is the most boost you guys are comfortable with for an extended period of time like when towing or something.
you wont get a constant answer for that one. I have a wastegate set at 28 psi open 31 psi full dump. I would like it to hold at 18-24 psi while towing but I dont know for sure until I rig some gauges in the summer.

· Registered
717 Posts
When I was running mild3 w/att and defuel set at 34 boost it would defuel jet getting on the freeway. Switched to mild2 no att and it uses the power much better also shut off defuels and boost never goes over. 30psi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.