Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to my juice i have 19lbs at full throttle is that correct?and if so what can i do to get more?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I would think you should get more than that. I know you would be able too unless you are loosing boost somewhere at the intercooler boots ect... or cuz you need a new air filter.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
what year is your truck?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I am guessing its an 01 if so I believe you need a elbow

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Looks to be a 2nd gen to me.

I am guessing its an 01 if so I believe you need a elbow
I heard that the elbow are a waste of money on the 2nd gens?? I dont' know just askin

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
good catch

·
Registered
150 Posts
should be seeing psi in the 30's, no questions.

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
join the club..... you're the third (including me) to have this issue. im making 19psi at 1/2 throttle, 22 at wot. the other guy has a 99 w/ the hx35, both of us have our wastegate lines blocked off.

is your fuel pressure sender hooked up and working? thats the only piece of info that ive been told that could be helpful. someone posted the edge wont work right w/o a fuel pressure reading.

only other things are a boost leak, or possible vp44 wire tap issue (THIS IS NOT A REAL ISSUE, just something i suspected because its the only connection that can effect performance thats NOT plug and play.) i double checked mine, but until the issue is fixed i will not rule it out.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
2nd Gen guys MAKE SURE YOUR EXHAUST MANIFOLD GASKET ISN'T LEAKING
That is a problem some of them have

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm only getting 19 psi of boost out of my 2001 model with an Edge Juice with Attitude. It makes the same boost no matter the setting (stock, 1-5). I would suspect any kind of boost or manifold leak would likely prevent the stock setting from making full, stock boost, correct?

Thanks,
Tommy

·
2,798 Posts
I'm only getting 19 psi of boost out of my 2001 model with an Edge Juice with Attitude. It makes the same boost no matter the setting (stock, 1-5). I would suspect any kind of boost or manifold leak would likely prevent the stock setting from making full, stock boost, correct?

Thanks,
Tommy
no sir, no leaks, exhaust back pressure is actually blowing the wastegate open, you can put a spring on the wastegate, my hy35 will hold 26psi that way, and dropped egt's 300 deg

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I am not sure but do your year trucks have a plug with a vacum line that goes on the wasgate. If so just take the plug off

·
2,798 Posts
I am not sure but do your year trucks have a plug with a vacum line that goes on the wasgate. If so just take the plug off
the hy35 will blow open at 22 psi with the wastegate line completly blocked off.... you gotta add spring pressure to get more boost

·
Registered
205 Posts
I installed a brass ball valve and now I can dial in or out the pressure I want. Wide open I'm at 22-23 and with it closed down 2/3 I'm at 33 psi. Thats with the hybrid... Chris

·
2,798 Posts
yes the bigger turbo will beable to push a lot more boost that a stocker. hx35 can push quite a bit more than the hy35 also

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i dont have any leaks anywhere and even on the stock setting its still 19 wont go anymore i just put a new filter on it and im still left wanting more

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I only get 30 with mine and I was wondering if there was a problem. 19 is really low

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if im only getting 19 theres got to be a problem

1 - 20 of 34 Posts