Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was haulin the bobcat today and i happened to notice i was only gettin 35 psi max. usually i can get 41 or 42! any ideas what my problem might be!

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Did you turn off the wastegate feature on the smarty tnt tune?

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i did, and i have a quad boost fooler!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I Would First Check All The Intercooler Boots.maybe Leaking.

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will i be able to tell by lookin at them or do i have to do something!

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i checked everything today and found nothing leakin. boost problem is gettin worse only can get like 33 psi! help me out people!

·
Registered
383 Posts
probably killed your turbo guy
sorry to say but these turbos dont live past 35 psi very well =(

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well thats not all bad...now i have a reason to buy a new one!

·
2,247 Posts
Pull the intake tube off and check for play in the impellar shaft. If the turbo is going, don't beat on it or you may start seeing some of the pieces going into the motor and taking it out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
:agree2: yes what he said.

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im pretty sure it boost fools! so i figured out the problem today. on the botton of one of the boots and had a hole it. just seems kinda strange that it would get a hole in it like that!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Which boot? I can only get 30psi out of mine also!!! I thought maybe it was cause my fuel system couldn't keep up

·
Banned
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
turbo side one!

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Depending on what setting I have my smarty on I get between 35- 43 psi. Its seems with more timming I get more boost. I guess since you are adding more fuel the egt's come up more quickly, (hince more heat more boost).

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
im pretty sure it boost fools! so i figured out the problem today. on the botton of one of the boots and had a hole it. just seems kinda strange that it would get a hole in it like that!
The boots swell up under boost psi, when it swells up it rubs on the inner fender in causes a hole, its a common problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts