Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Gauges are a good investment regardless of if you have tuners or not.

In the mean time check all your plumbing from the intake > turbo > intercooler > intake horn...check all hose clamps and connections for leaks.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've got Autometer Phantoms in my truck (specifically Boost, Pyrometer, and Trans Temp).

As for what gauges you should get, Boost is always a good idea IMO for ANY vehicle with a turbo, Pyrometer to make sure things aren't getting too hot for your turbo (especially since you do tow), third option is a toss up...oil pressure, fuel pressure, and trans temperature are all a good option (just an FYI the in dash oil pressure gauge is basically a dummy gauge which displays a calculated pressure by the ECM based on engine temp and RPM...NOT a true reading which is why alot of guys install an aftermarket oil pressure).

For me I put the trans temp in the third spot becuase of my snowplowing and towing with my automatic transmission...but I am tossing around the idea of throwing in a dual overhead pod with oil pressure and fuel pressure in it.

The more you're able to monitor the easier it is for you to pin point issues and prevent huge repair bills.

Reactions: Lostrider
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.