Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an edge comp box and bhaf but i can only get 20psi what are some quick ways to gt more boost what if i took my waste gate off what would happen or adjusted it?

·
Registered
73 Posts
When you bought the comp box did you install the elbow fitting that feeds the wastegate? Mine maxed at 20 before I changed the fitting. Now I can get about 34 out of it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm

i have the other fitting but i thought it was changed already i will have to look into that tomorow

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah man, when I got the kit and read the instruction I was like what the heck is thing thing going to do? Went out for my first drive, looked at my boost gauge and almost crapped.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Yeap... You MUST install the boost elbow...

I typically see 32-34 PSI worth of boost on 5x5...

If you remove the box for repair or other reasons remember to change your elbow back... It does tend to trip a error code and defuel quite well...:w:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boost elbow was installed but yet i ony see 20 lbs could the gauge be wrong

·
Registered
64 Posts
My truck makes 38 with the box on 5x5 I have a turbomaster wastgate. I had it set at 32 and uped it a little and will probably stay at 38, dont think it would make much more than that anyway

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
do the 02's have a spot for the boost elbow?

HY35 Turbos don't... (Automatic Trans) These require a j-Hook to work...

HX35 Turbos DO! (5 & 6 Speed Trans) Cut the hose clamp (band) and remove thew stock brass elbow and install the elbow and new clamp supplied with the product. :w:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts