Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what is the highest the factory turbo will go. i put my adrenaline on last night and before i was at 41psi in 6th gear and now i am at 46psi on pl4

·
Registered
29 Posts
Pretty soon my friend you will be in the same boat that I am in right now but only for another hour or so when the UPS guy gets here with my super B...With hot injectors you are going to torch your stock turbo...give it about 3 months of beating the crap out of it and you will start to notice that you blow smoke constantly down the street

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i should uncap my wastegate????

·
Registered
29 Posts
so i should uncap my wastegate????
NEGATIVE....buy a bigger turbo. you should be matching your air to your fuel not trying to push 50 PSI out of your stock holset...sounds to me like you have plenty O fuel....you need to start working on air

·
Registered
29 Posts
WOW!!!! HALOMAN that shirt in your Avitar is f'in awesome...I need good shirts like that for my sho:woot:p

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
got mine in black off of ebay

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well remember how I was talking about waiting for the damn UPS guy.....HE CAME and then I opened the box and did the SAME

hey RicEater....Jealous much:peelout

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:woot2:HELL YEAH!!! put it back the box and send it to me

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well remember how I was talking about waiting for the damn UPS guy.....HE CAME and then I opened the box and did the SAME

hey RicEater....Jealous much:peelout

so, installing that.... is it as easy as putting on the oil lines, and bolting it on with the exhaust and intake on the manifold, or is there more stuff?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
how easy was this install? im getting a super b special on tuesday!!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
there is nothing to doing a turbo install guys takes about half hour if that...

·
Registered
436 Posts
gotta love those new POLISHED turbos!!! the super B is one quick spooing little bugger!

·
Registered
347 Posts
so if u dont mind what did that set ya back for??:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i am going with the htt 62-71 more power than the super b and it polished at no extra charge.. the super b wont get me to where i wanna be i am already laying down 424.8whp on a stock turbo want to me 550whp on gas

·
Registered
72 Posts
i have a 98 24v all stock accept for a BD (i bieleve 50 hp chip) i have herd to plug the wastegate so your turbo keeps all of the boost. they say the truck does not produce enough boost to hurt the turbo. any thoughts or feedback?

·
Registered
540 Posts
The more boost you run the more air you compress, the more you compress air without increasing volume, it creates heat. If you go past 30~35 lb of boost your going to watch your EGT skyrocket.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wrong i have never seen over 1050 on my egts with no load and i have been running 47psi for 5mons now

1 - 20 of 31 Posts