Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill keep this simple.

The question is: Will i benefit from a boost fooler and boost elbow?

currently, i have a powerpuck and BHAF and a fuel pump.

my boost cruising is 2.5psi and at WOT the highest it gets is about 18-19psi.

so will i benefit from a boost fooler and elbow? my main use for the truck is hauling a 3 horse gooseneck trailer.

98.5 24v 300k miles.

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes! with a boost fooler and boost elbow you can get about 32psi with a stock hx 35

ok cool, yea i had a feeling i could get some more boost. will my programmer be able to give it enough fuel?? and will i notice a power increase?

· Registered
532 Posts
i dont have any experience with the power puck. but with higher boost the truck will pull harder in the higher rpms. im sure you notice once your truck is hitting max boost now that it kinda stops pulling and doesnt encrease power. well once you get boost fooler and elbow it keep pulling up till max boost around 32psi.

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Registered
532 Posts
no, the boost elbow that connects to the wastegate, it on the side off the turbo, you can get adjustable ones off ebay cheap. that way you can set the psi to whatever you would like,

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also, will this affect boost lower in the rpm range? or is the only solution for that a different turbo?

· Registered
532 Posts
to get low rpm boost it would help to have a good programmer box. like on my edge juice w/attitude you can set the low end responsiveness. which means it fuels harder at low rpms. ive heard to stack the edge juice with a smarty to get really good low end power.

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to get low rpm boost it would help to have a good programmer box. like on my edge juice w/attitude you can set the low end responsiveness. which means it fuels harder at low rpms. ive heard to stack the edge juice with a smarty to get really good low end power.

ah ok yea, makes sense. once im off this lame college budget ill look into it.

the higher boost from the elbow will lower egts, yes?

i guess next on my list is a pyro, boost elbow, and fooler.

· Vendor
13,019 Posts
the powerpuck should do boost fooling, I can get you a boost elbow for less than Ebay. Support your Cumminsforum vendors before going to ebay.

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
the powerpuck should do boost fooling, I can get you a boost elbow for less than Ebay. Support your Cumminsforum vendors before going to ebay.

Yea i will def suppport your store. Are you sure the puck does boost fooling on a 98.5?? i though that it didnt? i was nearly sure it didnt.

SO after a brief search im getting conflicting info. most say it does NOT boost fool bast only on the fact it doesnt plug into the MAP. someone else said that it DOES boost fool, in kinda a backwards way and that it fools the ECM into thinking it has a lower boost value than it actually does?

so??

· Vendor
13,019 Posts
Called up DiabloSport and you are correct.-- no boost fooling. I have the quadzilla Boost foolers in stock.

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Called up DiabloSport and you are correct.-- no boost fooling. I have the quadzilla Boost foolers in stock.

you are awesome, thanks for checking.

could you pm a price for both? not sure im ready to buy yet. (in college and it is expensive) but i am def interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.