Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been searching for some specific information and cant find anything i need.

my truck is a 215 12v with a number 4 tst plate and a 14cm banks quick turbo housing and wastegate, my question is that my truck will knock on 40lbs of boost under a big load, now i hear most stock applications only push about 20, is 40 too much for the stock turbo and how is even adjusted that high, by the wastegate or a boost elbow?

real quick, when i start my truck the oil pressure gauge in the dash takes about 3 seconds before it reads, is that a sender thing or a dodge thing, the motor is not makeing any funny noises so im sure it has pressure upon start.

·
Registered
396 Posts
dont hold me to this, but ive been seein its bad to run over 35 on stock turbo, and my oil pressure does the same

·
Premium Member
16,203 Posts
35 psi max is what you want to preserve the turbo and head gasket.
Buy a boost elbow from ebay to turn it down.

There is about a 3-5 second delay in the oil pressure electronics.

·
Registered
622 Posts
real quick, when i start my truck the oil pressure gauge in the dash takes about 3 seconds before it reads, is that a sender thing or a dodge thing, the motor is not makeing any funny noises so im sure it has pressure upon start.
35 psi max is what you want to preserve the turbo and head gasket.
Buy a boost elbow from ebay to turn it down.

There is about a 3-5 second delay in the oil pressure electronics.
I got the same thing, good to know there's just somewhat of a delay...

/hijack

-J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.