Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok first off read what i have in my sig so that way i can better ask this question

my check engine light always comes on!

i plug in the downloader and i read the code and go on bully dogs site and it tells me this

turbocharger boost sensor (a or b, switches sometimes) circut range/performance

how do i fix this im tired of the cel!

anything u can help with would be great!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump!

bump!

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
You need a boost fooler maybe....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what exactly is a boost fooler? ive heard alot about em

·
Registered
431 Posts
its exactly what it says, it's a resister that tells your computer that you're reading lower boost leves so you don't get that over boost code, and it also makes you get a little more boost too

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok whats the best brand to get?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and how does it work with a bully dog chip?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
it goes inline where your MAP sensor plugs in under the hood, i have a quadzilla, but BD (not bully dog) makes a similar one. Basically its a resistor that tells the computer that you're getting low boost, in my opinion its worth the $71 . All you do is unplug that MAP sensor, plug the male end into the boost fooler, and plug the male end of the boost fooler where the origional MAP sensor pluged in. The MAP sensor is about an inch wide, has four wires running into it, and is about 4-5 inches behind the intake horn/ intake elbow, depends on what you know it as. Hope this helps

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i understand that pat im wonderin like how does it hook up with a bully dog? like the steps?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
i understand that pat im wonderin like how does it hook up with a bully dog? like the steps?
Where does the outlook read boost from the map? Anyways you plug the male end of the boost fooler into the map sensor on the engine and then the female end into the factory male.:thumbsup

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but bully dog is running to the map too

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
but bully dog is running to the map too
Ok, no need to worry. My juice went into the map too. I plugged the mp8 into the sensor and then the juice into the mp8.

I don't have a quad but I think you could leave the bully dog plugged into the senor, unplug the factory male connection, plug the quad male into the bully dog female, then the quad female into the bully dog male. That should work...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cant i just go like quadzilla into the map and then bully dog into that?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok so then what r u saying is the best way to do it cuz im not gettin rid of the outlook

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
ok so then what r u saying is the best way to do it cuz im not gettin rid of the outlook
ok then plug the boost fooler male into the female of the outlook and then the female of the boost fooler into the male of the factory harness. Should take care of ya.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok i think that makes sense lol ill contact you mid week when i get the boost fooler

1 - 18 of 18 Posts