Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boost goes from 40-42psi WOT to 30 psi... I just took of my quadzilla boost fooler cuz it was making in between 45 to 50 psi .... i dont think it did this before i had the boost fooler... all i have is done preformance wise is a diablosport predator on the extreme RKL setting, S&B intake and 5in exshaust...Wondering if the boost drop is normal or what cuz it never did it with the boost fooler...thanks

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Where are you getting your boost reading?

What RPM does it start to drop off?
If you are close to max RPM you are going to start defueling. Look at the Dyno curve on any dyno sheet, they drop off at the end.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
It sounds like it is starting to defuel or a leak somewhere. I would lean toward defueling, my edge j/a would do the same thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im reading the psi on a auto meter gauge.... i think i figured it out it loses psi pretty high in the rpms around 2700.... i tuned i tback down to the extreme setting now.. i guess i never noticed the drop in boost before or maybe it didnt do it with the boost fooler or maybe it di d just it didnt go as low a 30psi... thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
The load isn't as high once you're up to speed and boost will drop off. Mine does it all the time once The torque is locked and I'm passed 70mph.

·
Registered
164 Posts
If its just a quick spike with a hammer to the go-pedal then it sounds like its just a mi-nute delay in the openeing of the wastegate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.