Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the other day i got a autometer boost gauge and put it but it doesnt seem to work. i know there are some things to check but were did some of you guys put ti line on the engine? i put mine in the 1/8"npt hole just to the rear of the anroid line on the side of the head when started and steped on nothing. is this location ok or do i need to put it in the elbow on top of the head?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Did you check the boost gauge while in drive? You won't build boost in neutral without a load on the engine.

That hole should be the right hole, provided it's the hole that I'm thinking of.

Common problems are over-tightened compression fittings, or some other air leak somewhere. Under load they tend to at least flutter if there's an air leak, though.

·
Registered
311 Posts
What begle said...

You wont show boost without a load on the engine, go drive it before you start taking stuff back apart.

Chris

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I got a intake bolt that is hollow in the center and has a 1/8th national pipe fitting in top.. Works well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts