Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i was trying to install a boost gauge on my 91. i couldnt find much on the internet, i like going of pics myself. i read on another site, to install the fittings, on a port on the driver side of the engine, under my intake tube. i wanna say its in the head. ive never hooked up a boost gauge before. i got everything together (temporairily) and its only pushing 10lbs of boost, even at WOT. now, i DEF know thats incorrect, so can anyone help as to where to tap in at? im not looking to drill into anything, unless i have to. thanks for all your help guys.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
Take the plug out in the side of the head right under the intake horn, should be 1/8 NPT the same as your fitting that came with your boost gauge.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea thats what i did. i tapped into there. and im only getting 10lbs? i read that im supposed to have more than that, stock. all thats done is a exhaust. even at WOT, its only 10lbs? it doesent seem right. i also read that there is another port closer to the firewall to tap into. maybe someone can chime in with pics of theres.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
You have to tap into the intake system in order to get your boost pressure so no matter where it's tapped into it's going to be the same.

Is your air filter clean? Is your turbo fins all there? Have you checked for boost leaks?

You need to fill out your signature so we have more info on your truck and what's been done.

Reactions: Jay5384

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually, no i need a new air filter. that thing is so dirty. all my fins are there, i checked that before. i dont know how to check for boost leaks, but i dont think there is. here is where i hooked up mine.

·
Super Moderator
23,759 Posts
You have it hooked up in the right spot, check for kinks in the line. Don't drive the truck with a plugged air filter, if you can't buy one at least try to knock out some of the dirt. Just be carefull not to put holes in the filter.

With the truck running you can take some soapy water and put it over the rubber boots, they will dry out and crack sometimes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok. my buddy gave me his old air filter off his truck, i just put that on. and god, did that power inprove. we got the gauge hoooked up right, and its still showing only 10lbs. i just dont get it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.