Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've read on the web site about the boost fooler for my truck and well, i was wondering if it would benifit me at all with what i have done to the truck right now. i'm not going with any turbo or injector mods for at least another yr...

wasn't sure if it would do me any good now, or just wait till i can $$$ to get the turbo and injectors.

thanks
ryan

·
Registered
62 Posts
It dose alow you to push an extra 5-8 psi of boost by fooling the ecm into thinking it at full fuel all the time my power puck dose the same thing but adds 50 hp 150 toq

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
How much boost are you making?

Does your TST plugs into the map sensor now? if so, it is likely already fooling the ECM. If not and you are only making around 30PSI of boost then I would say definitly try a boost fooler.

If you are making closer to 40PSI of boost you will not need a boost fooler. Also I would not spin that factory turbo much more than that or you will be replacing it sooner than later.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm making between 30-35PSI max.

the TST plugs into the map sensor--it doesn't start fueling till it gets to 3PSI before it starts sending more fuel...it doesn't do any "fooling" like the edge comp, or equivilant...it's just a fueling box.

what i'm getting at is, would the "boost fooler" trick the TST into thinking that i'm building more boost than i really am, that way it'll fuel more off the line when i'm not making hardly any boost.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
It may help you build more boost but I am not sure about off the line. If you are interested in one, just order it and if it does not work for you I can take it back within 30 days.

Hope this helps...

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help...i'll be taking you up on your advise when i get back off of deployment next month...

·
Registered
63 Posts
hey dave, what kind of hp will it add to my 02 3500, 6 speed, edge ez, flo pro 4" exhaust and a cold air filter, i'm a bc'er as well, my parents actually live very close to your guys shop.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
It al depends on what kind of turbo drive pressure the truck is capable making. The more fuel, the more boost. How much you making now? Are topping out at 22 - 25psi ?

Dave

·
Registered
962 Posts
What about on an 06 with a super b will it prevent the overboost code I get on stock programming?

·
Registered
81 Posts
a smarty is a non boost control power module aint it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts