Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bully dog PMT running crazy larry and the boost only goes up to 22lbs? I can get it to 22lbs boost at around 40% throttle... but it won't read above 22PSI on the PMT?

Called Bully dog they said there's no reason why it shouldn't read higher then 22psi unless it had a boost fooler on it... I KNOW i never put a boost fooler on it and when I bought the truck it was only 3 months old and the guy only had an edge 65hp chip in it...

So my question is how do I know if there's a boost fooler installed on my truck? Or any other reason why my PMT only reads up to 22psi? The Turbo itself is putting out at least twice that of 22psi... i'm guessing 45psi or so...

Any Help?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edge is long gone. And i'm pretty sure the edge when i got rid of it, it used to plug into the map sensors so I know there isn't a boost fooler installed there.

I'm not understanding why my PMT only reads up to 22psi if there's no boost fooler installed.....

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
Thats normal with the PMT, add 14.5 psi to its reading and you are at the correct boost. The PMT is not correcting for ambient pressure correctly. Flashing it usually cures the problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flashing the PMT? or what?

And I'm reading about Boost Foolers and it seems like I could gain from having one!

Is the Quadzillia Boost Fooler the one of choice? Or is there a better one out there?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a Bully dog PMT running crazy larry and the boost only goes up to 22lbs? I can get it to 22lbs boost at around 40% throttle... but it won't read above 22PSI on the PMT?

Called Bully dog they said there's no reason why it shouldn't read higher then 22psi unless it had a boost fooler on it... I KNOW i never put a boost fooler on it and when I bought the truck it was only 3 months old and the guy only had an edge 65hp chip in it...

So my question is how do I know if there's a boost fooler installed on my truck? Or any other reason why my PMT only reads up to 22psi? The Turbo itself is putting out at least twice that of 22psi... i'm guessing 45psi or so...

Any Help?
I'm not familiar with the bully dog and how it controls the waste gate on your Turbo but if it is not controlling it or disabling it your boost pressure will be low

·
Registered
13,900 Posts

And I'm reading about Boost Foolers and it seems like I could gain from having one!

Is the Quadzillia Boost Fooler the one of choice? Or is there a better one out there?
you might benefit from one, but your PMT certainly won't read correctly then... unless they have a flash specifically designed to work with a Quadzilla boost fooler :eek:

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts

Yes, the PMT is not reading correctly so it needs flashed.

However, as you guessed you would benefit from a BF but will never see correct boost. Your best option is get a manual gauge and a BF. Use the PMT for the other things if you like or ditch it completely

My personal preference is analog gauges to resolve the potential conflicts and erroneous readings from digital monitors.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i have the pmt with a quad bf and i only see 22 lbs also, i was told it was because of the way the pmt reads the computer

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Is the boost elbow still installed into the wastegate hose? I believe that the edge uses one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the boost elbow still installed into the wastegate hose? I believe that the edge uses one.
The edge it had was a little cheesy one that just went in between the map sensor. The 65hp on a good day chip lol. It runs good just wish it showed over 22lbs. I'm going to grab a Quad BF and just run it and maybe get a manual guage for fun

And thanks cerberusiam for the good info as always!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts