Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Would you put these tow mirrors on your 2019+ truck?

• Yes

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Cummins Freak
3,307 Posts
Ya, people will be up at the Dealers arguing that they must be an option because they saw them on a truck!! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: G. Mcpherson

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Wow, I have to admit.....I like it. It looks good. I was a little apprehensive but now I think I would do this swap too.

Reactions: nick00less

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think it looks great! This is what I was hoping Ram would do when the new trucks came out. It looks factory. How do you get the rear view lights to come on? Would this be plug and play for my 2010?

·
Cummins Freak
3,307 Posts
Do they have to be re pinned on a 2018 also?

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
I think it looks great! This is what I was hoping Ram would do when the new trucks came out. It looks factory. How do you get the rear view lights to come on? Would this be plug and play for my 2010?
Right! They look OEM! Spot lights turn on as puddle lamps when you unlock door or when you open door. However they can be wired for reverse lamps if you so desire.

Do they have to be re pinned on a 2018 also?

to both you guys..if your truck is 2010-2018 then no modification is required! It’ll be plug n play.

for anyone with a 2019+ re- pinning is required but it’s easy. If you can plug/unplug a power cord from a wall socket then you can do this. Easy! as long as you use Jimmy’s wiring sheet found earlier in this thread.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I just... don’t know how to feel about it...... but at the same time, I am very happy you got them!

Reactions: Flight medic

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well crap.. there goes $500.. (they are soaking me for $100 shipping to Alaska).. Those look great and I'm off to order them.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yes. 2010-2018 they are direct plug n play
Hmmmmm. I would prefer the spot lights be triggered in reverse and I don’t have the lighted door handles so I’d probably have to run some extra wiring. I would also go ahead and pull the extra wire so the running lights would work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Hmmmmm. I would prefer the spot lights be triggered in reverse and I don’t have the lighted door handles so I’d probably have to run some extra wiring. I would also go ahead and pull the extra wire so the running lights would work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
wiring for either reverse or as an additional light for the cargo light could work.

when you receive the mirrors they give you a harness to plug both mirrors to your running light because the 2010-2018 trucks don’t come equipped with running lights in mirrors the way 2019+ do.

I didn’t have to use the supplied harness, all I had to do was plug in the running light wire from the mirrors into my door harness and they work like factory.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,744 Posts
And their harness is harder to use then just turning on the light circuit in the door with alpha and tapping into it . And I think Jimmy said something about it possibly being possible to use the spot lights as reverse lights, but I'm not sure if it was with alpha or wiring into the truck

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Off/ON activated via cargo lamp button on headlight knob.

FYI using the spotlight as a puddle lamp as it is originally designed is stupid. Puddle lamps are supposed to light up the ground. Every time I would go and unlock the door the spotlight would blind our faces getting in the truck. Now when I unlock it nothing happens, which is fine. It only turns on via the cargo switch now. *REAR GUIDANCE LIGHTS W/ CARGO LIGHTS

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Pretty cool, Nick! I do like those mirrors. It’s just strange seeing them in a Ram, since Ram hasn’t changed their tow mirrors design in 22 years. lol. Anyways. Me personally, I will be in good shape, come Wednesday.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Those look Really Good. I like that Function with the Spots.

·
Cummins Freak
3,307 Posts
I really like the way they look and the functions that they offer. Only thing stopping me from ordering is they don't offer power fold. My mirrors now are not power fold but I can still get my truck into my Garage with them in.(which is where they stay unless I am towing a trailer, No ghost trailering for me) Don't think these would fit without folding them in.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I'm sure Nick would measure how far they stick out so you can compare. And those mirrors should telescope out farther too if needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 156 Posts