Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Would you put these tow mirrors on your 2019+ truck?

• Yes

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
I like the look of the ram mirror, but I have never liked the 4th gen towing mirrors for visibility. My old ford mirror is much better for that, as I am assuming your new mirrors are much better for visibility also.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
More detailed photos and angles to come in the next few days. That’s it for this evening.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
P.S. when they first came on and everything worked flawlessly, the first thought that came to mind was “son of a ** , he (Jimmy) was actually right (about the wire configuration)”

I couldn’t help but laugh in amazement. 😎

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Can we get a good frontal, side and maybe an off center front view of the truck with the mirrors?

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
absolutely. I’ll take plenty of detailed photos for yah. And if anyone else has any specific request I’m more than happy to help.

·
Rear Admiral Rickard Onmi
6,744 Posts
How level are they? I know some GM replacement mirrors don't fully sit level when mounted to the truck, but IIRC that can be adjusted at the hinge, or atleast some of the people that originally did this mod before it was a bolt on were able to adjust their mirrors

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Perfectly leveled.

oh I know I’ve seen some GM mirrors on trucks that have such a bad angle to them it makes you wonder why are they even built like that.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
Man if this was a plug and play mod, I would be all over it. Cant wait to see better pics.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Man if this was a plug and play mod, I would be all over it. Cant wait to see better pics.
they are plug n play. All you have to do is rearrange the pins on the connectors then plug them in like you normally would. That’s it! Everything is bolt on! No fabrication required.

·
6,744 Posts
They look so wrong and so right at the same time....I kinda want to do it just to be unique. But i will wait until they offer power fold, and maybe even a blind spot light would be nice too to go with my long term plans

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
The red turn signal in the glass can be wired as your blind spot indicator. At first I was against it because most OEM mirrors with turn signals in the glass design them in such a way where when the light is activated the driver never sees the light, only traffic does. They do this so the driver isn’t distracted by a red blinking LED in the mirror while the driver is looking at the mirror changing lanes.

HOWEVER...as I just found out today from driving, the red LED is CLEARLY visible to the driver when the blinker is activated. Therefore if you want to also set it up as your blind spot light you can.

·
6,744 Posts
Would it be done with diode, or are you thinking just splicing into the turn signal wire? Wouldn't this also turn on the forward facing part of the turn signal?

I also just realized if i do this i will have to cut open Jimmy's beautiful harness i got from him to separate my turn signal and running light feeds into 2 wires, so the running light would not activate the turn signal light on the rear portion of the mirror. But that also means i won't have to run wires into the cab to turn on running lights. Have you already spoken with Jimmy about how to tap into a running light signal in the door Nick?

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Would it be done with diode, or are you thinking just splicing into the turn signal wire? Wouldn't this also turn on the forward facing part of the turn signal?

I also just realized if i do this i will have to cut open Jimmy's beautiful harness i got from him to separate my turn signal and running light feeds into 2 wires, so the running light would not activate the turn signal light on the rear portion of the mirror. But that also means i won't have to run wires into the cab to turn on running lights. Have you already spoken with Jimmy about how to tap into a running light signal in the door Nick?
Keep in mind his door modules already have a dedicated running light circuit. Also, if you were to go with these mirrors, you would do away with my harnesses, and pin/tap the running light wire into the ambient lit handle circuit.
All that needs to be done for blind spot is separate the glass turn signal wire from the turn signal strip, and pin it into the blind spot indicator pin on the door module.

·
6,744 Posts
Keep in mind his door modules already have a dedicated running light circuit. Also, if you were to go with these mirrors, you would do away with my harnesses, and pin/tap the running light wire into the ambient lit handle circuit.
All that needs to be done for blind spot is separate the glass turn signal wire from the turn signal strip, and pin it into the blind spot indicator pin on the door module.
Which i would imagine those wires would come together in the mirror, so you would also need to run a wires through the mirror. I would wonder if these share mirror glass with other GM mirrors, and if you could add in the blind spot glass to get a blind spot Mirror assembly that would be more like stock? (I also realize most of this is way out of your control Jimmy, just thinking out loud)

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
I guarantee you are blowing some minds as you drive your truck around. Looks great. Wonder what happens if you have surround view cameras on the oem mirrors and make the switch?

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
I guarantee you are blowing some minds as you drive your truck around. Looks great. Wonder what happens if you have surround view cameras on the oem mirrors and make the switch?
oh trust me I know. I already had a few stare at a stop light and gas station this morning. This will definitely be a unicorn out in the wild with people saying things like

• “oh wow on the new 4.5 gen, Ram redesigned the mirrors!”
  • “you see I told you it was a 5th gen, look at the mirrors!”
  • “ram finally did away with the moose ears!”
  • etc
These mirrors on my truck, in the configuration I had them built (clear strips), actually look OEM, in my opinion.

101 - 120 of 156 Posts