Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Would you put these tow mirrors on your 2019+ truck?

• Yes

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THESE MIRRORS ARE LISTED FOR 2010-2018 Fourth Gen on Boost’s website BUT THEY WILL FIT AND WORK ON 2019+. The design and bolt location are the exact same! All you have to do is rearrange the wires in the connectors that come on these mirrors and everything is Plug N’ Play!

UPDATE #1: THIS THREAD HAS NOW CHANGED TO BOOST AUTO PARTS TOW MIRRORS..UPDATE BEGINS AT POST #38

UPDATE #2: WIRE CONFIGURATION IS POST #92

UPDATE #3: PICTURES OF INSTALLED MIRRORS IS POST #111

Looks like good things come to those who wait. If any of you have known me for the past several years and my shenanigans trying to fabricate a set of GM tow mirrors to bolt up to my previous 4th gens then you’ll remember what a headache that was. I never did get it to work. I also remember a certain vendor on here saying they were in the ‘process’ of building a set of adapters to allow any GM tow mirror to fit on a Ram 2500. That fell through too...

Now here comes the big question, is there anything different between the 4th gen style tow mirrors and those found on a 2019+? My initial assumptions are no because of the same cab still being used...but I’m not 100% on that.

I’m seriously considering buying these for my 2020 2500 if there’s no difference in bolt pattern or wiring. I’m going to reach out to the business and see what they say. Here’s the link to the mirrors and a YouTube video. These guys are popular and have tons of great reviews!!!

Plus they build each set in house (USA) and you can customize each set to whatever specifications you want!

Thoughts?....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I don’t like the look - and buddy needs to finish the inside of his garage - but the functionality would be awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Looks like good things come to those who wait. If any of you have known me for the past several years and my shenanigans trying to fabricate a set of GM tow mirrors to bolt up to my previous 4th gens then you’ll remember what a headache that was. I never did get it to work. I also remember a certain vendor on here saying they were in the ‘process’ of building a set of adapters to allow any GM tow mirror to fit on a Ram 2500. That fell through too....

Well after doing some googling I stumbled upon these. I even found a user on another Ram forum who successfully installed these on his (previous gen) Ram with no issue.

Now here comes the big question, is there anything different between the 4th gen style tow mirrors and those found on a 2019+? My initial assumptions are no because of the same cab still being used...but I’m not 100% on that.

I’m seriously considering buying these for my 2020 2500 if there’s no difference in bolt pattern or wiring. I’m going to reach out to the business and see what they say. Here’s the link to the mirrors and here’s the link to the users truck on the other forum.

Thoughts?....

View attachment 909881

View attachment 909882
The thing with those are, they don’t offer power folding mirrors, and some of the accessory lighting wiring has to be wired in. Yes, they will bolt right on to a 2019+, but the door module circuits are arranged differently across three mirror connectors now, as opposed to two connectors on previous years, and all the wiring would have to be switched around.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing with those are, they don’t offer power folding mirrors, and some of the accessory lighting wiring has to be wired in. Yes, they will bolt right on to a 2019+, but the door module circuits are arranged differently across three mirror connectors now, as opposed to two connectors on previous years, and all the wiring would have to be switched around.
Disregard. I found some with 3 connectors.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well now hang on a second..now this is confusing me. I’m finding several 2019-2020 mirrors that are equipped with both. Some only have 2 wires and some only have 3...

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Disregard. I found some with 3 connectors.
Base mirrors will still have two connectors. There will be three connectors if the mirrors have power convex, parking/running lights, or the reverse spot lights. Either way, all the wiring would have to be rearranged in the mirror connectors. I know this because I installed the fully loaded camera mirrors on my 2017.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What year fully loaded mirrors did you install on your 2017?

It’s not really apples to apples is it since I’m considering the exact opposite approach..a 2018 mirror onto a 2020. Or maybe it is...confused.

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
What year fully loaded mirrors did you install on your 2017?

It’s not really apples to apples is it since I’m considering the exact opposite approach..a 2018 mirror onto a 2020. Or maybe it is...confused.
I installed 2019+ mirrors on my 2017. The door modules are different on the 2010-2018 compared to the 2019+. The situation would be the same if reversed- installing mirrors with wiring designed for 2010-2018 onto a 2019+ would require the mirror wiring to be rearranged in their connectors. And, the GM style mirrors are not offered with power fold away.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I follow. Well what if someone such as myself weren’t installing a ‘loaded’ mirror but instead was simply swapping a base mirror for another base mirror (2 connector style), would I still face these issues? I’m sure they’d be easy to overcome correct? If I’m sticking these new ones in place of a base style ram tow mirror

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,413 Posts
Ugh.....a sleek aero truck with good lines......hang a boxy, milk crate looking mirror on it....looks like :poop:...

Sam

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Now I follow. Well what if someone such as myself weren’t installing a ‘loaded’ mirror but instead was simply swapping a base mirror for another base mirror (2 connector style), would I still face these issues? I’m sure they’d be easy to overcome correct? If I’m sticking these new ones in place of a base style ram tow mirror
Yes, if you buy the GM style that has the exact same functions as your current mirrors, the only thing you would have to do is de-pin all the wiring in the two connectors and rearrange them in the correct spots. If you get the GM style that has running lights and/or switchback turn signals, you would have to do some custom wiring spliced into factory wiring.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ugh.....a sleek aero truck with good lines......hang a boxy, milk crate looking mirror on it....looks like :poop:...

Sam
We can no longer be friends Sam...jk 😎

I agree..to a certain extent in that the newer front ends are less round and starting to become a bit boxier. Maybe if our 2019+ trucks changed the cab to that of the 1500 5th gens then it may look differently.

Yes, if you buy the GM style that has the exact same functions as your current mirrors, the only thing you would have to do is de-pin all the wiring in the two connectors and rearrange them in the correct spots. If you get the GM style that has running lights and/or switchback turn signals, you would have to do some custom wiring spliced into factory wiring.
I’d be willing to take that project head on considering the major work is already done (ie. fitment)

I’m about 99% there and ready to buy..still processing all of this 🤔

·
Buyer of stuff..with OPM
2,413 Posts
Nick......if you only had kept your 18:cry:.....you'd be rollin' down the road..... right now...:oops:....GM style.....

Sam✌

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
Looks like they need a different customer service rep

Well, yes, if they are designed/wired for 2010-2018s, then they MUST tell the customer that they are not compatible for 2019-2020s, for the reasons I stated above. If they told a customer that they would fit, and they get them, bolt them on, and plug them in, nothing will work. They can definitely be made to work on your truck. You also need AlfaOBD to change the temperature sensor location (not physical location), because the bcm now handles the signal on the 2019+, instead of the door module.

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
I know I know 😕....

I guess I was just hoping for a response from a subject matter expert that said “yes nick they will fit but unfortunately the wiring isn’t the same so they will require some modification.” vs “nope they won’t ‘fit’ .” I guess it’s asking too much wanting a professional technical answer vs someone merely looking to see if ‘2020’ falls within the range of this items “description”. But I do see your point. I was just being sarcastic 👍🏻

Anywho I’m going down a rabbit hole at this point.

I really appreciate your input Jimmy! At least now I know what I’ll be up against 😎
Let me know when/if you get them, if you need help relocating the wires in the connectors, and how they need to be switched around.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My biggest complaint about my '19 is my mirrors. 90% of the time towing with my flatbed gooseneck I don't need the tow mirrors out, but I sure miss the taller mirrors of my Chevy. If these things will work on my truck, I'm all over it. Please keep us posted.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts