Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm really pissed off at Fenderworld.com. First off there customer care sucks and they are really rude and second I order brackets and towing mirrors so the towing mirrors got here saturday when I ordered them last thursday. So it took about a week and a couple of days. Thats alright shipping I guess, but I bought them for $311 and I didn't realize that I could of got the same ones for $241 :doh:. I called them about my order of the brackets that I ordered and they said they would call me back....They never did...so I sent them an email and they sent me back a tracking number about the brackets....THEY SHIPPED OUT TODAY!!
As you can tell I'm a little pissed off. :whip:
Anyone else have bad experience with Fenderworld?? I would highly recommend anyone buying towing mirrors to NOT buy from them. Get them at Discount Auto Mirrors - Replacement Car Mirror at Wholesale Prices

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
why?? you can save 70 bucks and get them from someone reliable.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
i meant discount auto mirrors...:lol4::lol4:

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
These mirrors are usually on backorder. It took 1 1/2 weeks to get my mirrors from Fenderworld....no biggie. I sent them an e-mail and they responded promptly and gave me an ETA for the mirrors.
They just don't tell you they are on backorder, which most places won't.
I had trouble with my mirrors after I put them on (my mistake) and Fenderworld was very helpful in resolving my situation even though it was my fault.
BTW, be careful how you route the wires when you install the mirrors, there is a slot in the base that you have to run the wires through or it will pinch them in two. A LOT of people have had this trouble, some have even cut a different slot to run the wire through.
These mirrors have been out long enough now that other companies are starting to carry them for a lower price.
Just remember......Cheaper isn't always better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
here is a question for ya'll whats the main dif in the 3rd gen and 2nd gen towing mirrors when it comes to bolting them on i have a 02 2nd gen but when i look at replaceing my farkered up ds tow mirror on the list it always says new body style when they specificly say 02 2500 so what the hell lol or are they just refering to 2nd gen as new body style because they are dyslexic fart knockers?

·
Not like the others......
4,190 Posts
The base on the 3rd Gen mirrors are bigger than the the ones on the 2nd Gens.
Some guys have taken a set of power/heated 3rd Gen mirrors and a manual set of 2nd Gen mirrors and switched the bases to make them work.

I believe the correct Kool Vue part #'s would be DG49EL (left/driver) and DG49ER (right/pass.).

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
The base on the 3rd Gen mirrors are bigger than the the ones on the 2nd Gens.
Some guys have taken a set of power/heated 3rd Gen mirrors and a manual set of 2nd Gen mirrors and switched the bases to make them work.

I believe the correct Kool Vue part #'s would be DG49EL (left/driver) and DG49ER (right/pass.).
if i can find a set of the 2g non power and the 3g power for 200 bucks both, i'll do that...:headbang:

although, i'm prob just gonna go with Discount Auto Mirrors though...

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
Apache, they did send ya the right mirrors? I know there was a question about the year.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea they sent the right ones..I guess the 02 just meant two of them..:confused013:

·
On call 24/7
12,630 Posts
Guess so, thats good.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep...just waiting on the brackets though...haha. It sucks seeing those mirrors just sitting there in the box, when they could be on my truck. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts