Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the internet deep and wide and can't find anyone else with a similar situation. Maybe someone here can help. So I thought the KDP got my ass, but come to find out, it was the bold next to it?? KDP is still where she belongs. I'm confused on how this could've happened.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I was just going to pile on and say the KDPs i've done have all been secured in place, while the bolts were mostly all loose.

·
Cowboy AKA Equality State
1,019 Posts
About 15 years ago, I installed a good '93 engine into a '90 W-250 that had suffered from a similar, but much more catastrophic fate...

One of the case bolts had backed off, got mad, and decided to "knock someone's teeth out". It broke the camshaft into three pieces!!! The pistons got a "black eye" when the valves threw a "sucker punch" at them.. Meanwhile, the pushrods were trying to "strong arm", and hold back the angry mob. In the end, the little bolt won the fight!!!

Thankfully, it wasn't my truck, but I learned some things along the way!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
As the others have said the case bolts seem to be more of a hazard then the KDP, every motor I have been into has had the case bolts loose to one degree or another.

·
Premium Member
4,215 Posts
I've searched the internet deep and wide and can't find anyone else with a similar situation. Maybe someone here can help. So I thought the KDP got my ass, but come to find out, it was the bold next to it?? KDP is still where she belongs. I'm confused on how this could've happened. View attachment 926145 View attachment 926146
If you look closely the bolt behind cam gear has backed out and been rubbing on the gear. Mine did the same but luckily I caught it before anything fell out. All bolts were either halfway out or barely finger tight..... kdp was safely home.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought a truck like this. Broken Cam and missing a tooth on the crank gear and a few bent pushrods.

Installed used cam and pushrods from Ebay. New Ebay crank gear. Dropped a tappet in the pan so had to take pan off and installed tappets from below.

FYI the pan can be removed with engine in a 4WD if you jack up front of motor. Not fun but do-able.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.