Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was planning on just getting a leveling kit so I could fit 33s on my W250, but the only choice I've found are replacement leaf springs + 2" for the front ones that have flattened out over time. That was $450, and I wasn't really expecting that since my friend got $80 blocks for the front of his 2002 24v. I've been thinking that I could just get a 2" body lift kit, and I'm wondering what brand is the best, or where to buy from. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
672 Posts
So I was planning on just getting a leveling kit so I could fit 33s on my W250, but the only choice I've found are replacement leaf springs + 2" for the front ones that have flattened out over time. That was $450, and I wasn't really expecting that since my friend got $80 blocks for the front of his 2002 24v. I've been thinking that I could just get a 2" body lift kit, and I'm wondering what brand is the best, or where to buy from. Thanks

I'd save for springs or get your stock springs rearched. If you rearched them you'd probably have to go a bit smaller than 33s.
I wouldn't do a body lift at all. Blocks in the front isn't safe.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd save for springs or get your stock springs rearched. If you rearched them you'd probably have to go a bit smaller than 33s.
I wouldn't do a body lift at all. Blocks in the front isn't safe.

So it would be better to get brand new leaf springs in the front than to get blocks? Why are blocks unsafe?

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Body lift doesn't cure the flat springs in front, either. Spring for the springs...hehe. You can do a shackle flip (it's for free!) on the back and get almost 2" as well.

·
Registered
624 Posts
IMO Avoid body lifts at all cost

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Body Lift does Not Hurt what so ever I run a 2 in lift and there is No Ill effect's what so ever doesn't ride harsher or sway or anything . But I Also Built My Own Body Puck's from a chunk of Alum Stock . drilled a 1/2 hole in middle and bolted them onto truck . I have run as High as a 3 inch body lift without any Problem's .The Only thing you should NEVER Do is Run front Block's it is Very dangerous to drive a truck with front block's .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Body Lift does Not Hurt what so ever I run a 2 in lift and there is No Ill effect's what so ever doesn't ride harsher or sway or anything . But I Also Built My Own Body Puck's from a chunk of Alum Stock . drilled a 1/2 hole in middle and bolted them onto truck . I have run as High as a 3 inch body lift without any Problem's .The Only thing you should NEVER Do is Run front Block's it is Very dangerous to drive a truck with front block's .

So I should avoid getting blocks to just raise the front?

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Yes Stay away from Block's in the front do a spring lift Only .

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
All goes off what you have too spend also you can get some leaf spring's and build your own or you can buy a set for a Gasser but if you want 6 in lift gasser spring's would have to be 8 to end up with 6 .Or you could do a search and find a spring company around you that can rearch your spring's .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All goes off what you have too spend also you can get some leaf spring's and build your own or you can buy a set for a Gasser but if you want 6 in lift gasser spring's would have to be 8 to end up with 6 .Or you could do a search and find a spring company around you that can rearch your spring's .

Ok. Because it will cost $450 for me to get a new set of front leaf springs. Will they stay arched for a good amount of time?

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
If there Gasser they Might if there diesel they should last a while but you have to remember the weight of the cummin's Motor is like 1100 Lb's .

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If there Gasser they Might if there diesel they should last a while but you have to remember the weight of the cummin's Motor is like 1100 Lb's .

Ya I have a cummins. As I see it right now the cheapest and easiest way to go is to get new leaf springs that also come with an extra 2". Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Tell your friend to take the blocks off the front before he kills someone.

·
Registered
857 Posts

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
Yes You can run them but be aware that they are gasser Spring's and may not hold up for Long with the weight of the Cummin's . Yes I run a gasser spring but just watch for any sag .

·
Registered
568 Posts
Tell your friend to take the blocks off the front before he kills someone.
I'm pretty sure his friend is not running blocks on his truck. I thing he is talking a leveling kit that goes on top of the coil springs. 2002 trucks dont have leaf springs in the front. They ride on coils

1 - 19 of 19 Posts