Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ;

had a problem last week with a bad ground on drivers side fender cause the engine to power off , fixed that but have a new issue. Ive lost all of my cab power , and underhood light , locks , windows etc etc , whats interesting is that when I key the truck to 1st stage ign or started , everything comes on fine. Check all the fuses all good , whats even stranger is this morning went out to start the truck , manually unlocked the doors and all was fixed , no idea if unlocking with the key did it , figured Id see if there were any codes as soon as I hooked up the programmer (predator) to pull the codes ,boom everything shuts off again. My local mechanic suggest a body control module , I have no idea what this is or even if the dodges have them , wonder if anyone has any ideas on what this might be , our local dealer is 2 hours away and I can only imagine the reaming Im gonna get for this kind of wiring problem . Ive also pulled both batts cables off to see if I could do a reset ?? let it sit for an hour like that , didnt do squat . Any help or suggestions guys would be really really appreciated !
thanks in advance

cheers
thatscold

· Registered
53 Posts
I would check for another bad ground , I think there is two or three on the drivers side fender . The body control module is called the front control module on our trucks .If yours is the same as my '05 it is located on the end of the fuse box.About a 10 minute job to remove and replace but an expencive little part.Around $300 in Canada .

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice !! , least Ive got an idea of where to look , and yes I think I will check all the grounds , whats really strange is it has reset itself again , or regrounded Im not sure as I went and popped the door and everything was back on. Why it would all shut off when I plug the programmer in to read the error codes is bizzare , its somehow tied into that obd2 port , plug in when trucks off , all shuts down , but everything runs fine when the truck is keyed to 1st ign or started , but... even then the obd2 port is still dead , unless.... theres a problem with the programmer and its causing a short , cant say Im super impressed with this predator programmer to date but thats another thread in another time

· Registered
1 Posts
check under your dash where the power wires are joined just below your steering wheel.mine were burnt and loose heater would come on then go out when i steped on the brake. dealer said it was bcm cost 1000$. another dealer said to check the wires under the dash. mine has a remote start thought that was the problem but was just the wires fixed them been good so far
5 months now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.