Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok so I pretty much got all my products from meguires. The only product I could not find was a sealant So the closest thing I could find was Mother's step 2 pre wax cleaner.

Also should I use a polish before the sealer/ wax?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Ok so I pretty much got all my products from meguires. The only product I could not find was a sealant So the closest thing I could find was Mother's step 2 pre wax cleaner.

Also should I use a polish before the sealer/ wax?

Use a sealant first, then wax, if you feel the need for a polish use it last. Mothers makes a synthetic wax which acts as a sealant, wax all in one, it's an ok product. I'm pretty sure meguires makes a paint sealant

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well I got the meguires paste pure synthetic wax. Would that be the same too?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sledneck55, you may want to consider some undercoating before the snow comes. I know the years that I was in Calgary they didn't use road salt much. I have all my vehicles sprayed annually with Krown. It is a little messy when performing maintenace, but hand cleaner is cheap compaired to rust repairs.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Sledneck55, you may want to consider some undercoating before the snow comes. I know the years that I was in Calgary they didn't use road salt much. I have all my vehicles sprayed annually with Krown. It is a little messy when performing maintenace, but hand cleaner is cheap compaired to rust repairs.
Ya that's a great idea its like 300 bucks right?

I drive on gravel a lot so I think it would come off pretty fast

·
Registered
980 Posts
^^^ this guy is nuts LOL... It snows 9 months out of the year here... and the auto washes at gas stations are like $14 so you can count on me not washing my truck all winter. During the summer I try to keep a nice coat of dust on it to protect the paint from the sunlight haha.

I use ICE after I really wash the truck... It works best for me on warm days (which are hard to come by here) and in the shade.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I wash my truck once a week in the winter and it also snows here pretty much 9 months of the year but when it is warm I like to treat my truck and detail it all nice

·
Premium Member
1,500 Posts
So I do all of the meguairs products. This Monday I'm paying 700 to have a company clear bra my entire truck bed outside. Dually etc. due to rick dings etc. might do the rest of the truck when I can save more money.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That's a pretty good price I got my rockers, hood, lights, fenders and inside my door steps done

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm driving my new truck up to a Krown dealer in Brockville, Ontario CA from Poland NY next week to get it rust proofed before it goes through its first winter. I just picked it up two weeks ago. I have a 2012 RAM 2500 crew cab with the 6'4" bed and they quoted me 139.95. So for 140 dollars and a 260 mile round trip its worth it to protect my investment. If you go into Canadian forums and read up on Krown, Canadians swear by the stuff. They say they are expanding into the U.S. market very soon. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.