Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left work today and everything was running fine. I took off from a red light and once I started building boost this really loud whistle came out. I am not throwing any codes. The silence ring is still is place. No white smoke is coming out of the exhaust. Doesnt smell like raw fuel is dumping.. I have no idea whats going on once I start building boost.

·
Registered
731 Posts
first thing to check would be boost leaks, the rubber connectors are usually the culprit-- blown off or torn.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
i agree with the bullett, check all your rubber connections that could be cracked or damaged that you could be loosing boost pressure through

-Jordan-

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
yeah you prolly just blew and intercooler boot

·
Registered
13,900 Posts
first thing to do is check the bearing play in the turbo!!! if the wheels are rubbing the housings, it'll scream like no other. the last thing you want to do is send aluminum dust through the intercooler

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first thing to do is check the bearing play in the turbo!!! if the wheels are rubbing the housings, it'll scream like no other. the last thing you want to do is send aluminum dust through the intercooler
I did that already, I took the silence ring out to see if there were any chunks of anything laying at the bottom. It seemed relatively clean for having almost 130000 miles. Is there any way to clean it without anything going into it that would mess the turbo up?(ie. brake clean, or wd40, etc.)

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
If there is no shaft play well its a blown boot or something. dont put stuff in the turbo!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is this bad to drive like this? motor ware n tare?

·
Premium Member
12,068 Posts
Yea, It will disintergate the cooler to mush in three hours. Futher driving will cause cooler lines to fold upon themselves and suck all the oil from engine cooler.

Just take time to check intercooler boots and clamps. You could have done it in time you wrote two more post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts