Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys found my boost problem I thought it was my smarty well it was not. my BD intercooler that I bought 1 year 7 months ago, blew on the turbo side right up the weld. you can see that the weld was poor with only abought a 16th of an inch penitrationand, thats were it let go, abought 10 inches long. just woundering if any one has had this happen to them, and if you think they will warranty it because there warranty says 1 year for parts and laubor.:CRY: I'm calling them first thing in the morring .

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
call Dave at BD if there's any fixing to be done he can get it done

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will they repair it or replace it

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
More than likely they will make you pay and dearly. I hope you kept the "old faithful" stocker.
I am tired of products not lasting for 15 years or more. It's like 2-5 years then buy it again. Craziness I tell you.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the stocker was the plactic tank one so it's long gone ,

·
Registered
344 Posts
well if they dont cover it (and they should if it was shoddy construction), buy something that is actually built too proper specs. An aftermarket intercooler should not blow at the welds....especially with what little boost and air flow that a stock turbo can give it.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I hope they cover it because I was sirprised that the weld was were it blew , I never though, with stock turbo

·
Registered
202 Posts
just have it re welded if they dont cover it.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
let us know what bd tells you, its faulty craftmanship i hope they will do something to make things right with you. one bummer is the other side is probably welded same

·
Registered
365 Posts
they offer a pretty cool cast tank upgrade from what i hear.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
They have switched to a cast tank to eliminate this issue. I am more then positive BD will take care of you

John:thumbsup

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would just reweld it. Get someone that you know can tig weld, i dunno if i would wire weld it or not. I mean if it was my intercooler i would mig it just for the hell of it, but the penetration wont be as good unless you know what your doing. Also a tig wont leave as much residue on the inside of the weld from what ive experienced... but i dont have a tig setup.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Sorry to leave you guys hanging I just got back to my desk and seen this thread.

Our new intercoolers do have cast tanks and I am all over this one, as stated it can be welded but that should not be your responsibility.

BigOrange can you contact me asap, either through this Forum, e-mail or by telephone.

800-887-5030 ext 105

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Ultimately the decision lies with our claims department but you can bet I will be standing there when then decission is being made.

IMO, there are two ways to come out of this, looking good or looing bad and the ball is in our court!

its :popcorn: time

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice to see someone from BD step up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts