Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been approached by the cops in Central Alberta yet for to much smoke or a loud exhaust. I'm just wondering how long before they start to crack down on our trucks. There is a few trucks running around my area that are pretty Loud...>> But they still cant get by me....:lol3:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
Yep the local spruce grove police have told me watch my foot on the skinny peddle causing of the smoke and noise. was told by the RCMP constable that modiefied deisel trucks were goin to be pulled over and checked for illegal mods alot more often this summer i am right now checkin into the law about smoke but finding it conterdictory in alot of ways.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
My old 5.9 blew tons of smoke never pulled over because of that but I had MBRP 4" 304 SS exhaust which was a little loud ,I got a few warnings but never any tickets. It was only loud when you hammer down, which is impossible up here because of all the trsffic

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
No, but I do have a bad habit of blacking out people when I am driving one of the diesel's ;)
just buggin you there stax girl :T::butt:

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
nope i haven't been bothered yet. but the other night i smogged an rcmp in Sherwood park dropped her into 3rd while doin 15km.couldn't see behind me. surprisingly he laughed and shook his finger at me. i made sure i stayed under the speed limit tho :lol3:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I would of thought Alberta would be the last place for this nonsense.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
It's all good Devon :peelout
ok so on a sunday night were do all the ppl cruise in edmonton the rain wont help but there still should be some nice cars and trucks out

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
On sundays there is nothing I am sorry to say :( Maybe we should start a Diesel/Truck meet on Sundays ... Who would be in on that?
Im in the cruze on portage in winnepeg started with five guys now its a 800 t0 1000 cars trucks and bikes every sunday rain or shine great way to spend a sunday night thats the only thing i miss about manitoba:lol3:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
K, let's start a new thread and see how many people are in from here...
K sounds good south edmonton common would be great place close to #2 and the henday am i wrong or right i dunno

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
stax, what are you gettin for mileage? my boss has/had and 06 hemi qc lb auto and the over head said 10.4 so i'm guessing around 9.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
HAHA!!!!!!! In the city I am getting about 13 and on the highway I am getting about 18-21...I don't get as many miles on a tank as a diesel, but a tank will last me 2 weeks on average.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts