Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Cummins Nut
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumb question since gas prices are already high enough. But my question is how do i get my truck to blow more smoke. I've messed with the low boost fueling but I didn't notice anything.

All mods are in my sig.

·
Registered
262 Posts
the cheap way out is a smoke switch...

·
Registered
228 Posts
More fuel!!!

·
Cummins Nut
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the problem, I adjust the low boost fueling to max and I get nothing. I could blow more smoke when I had my stock exhaust on. Would that cause any change since I have a larger exhaust.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I dont know why but with my truck i have to get the engine temp up to atleast 160 or 170 before it starts blowing smoke...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah, the engine is breathing alittle better, so you have to add more fuel to make it smoke. My bully dog makes tons of smoke, never had an edge. A smoke switch is an easy way.. if you can get to work, but also throws the CEL light on and I dont like that light on...LOL

·
Cummins Nut
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol I can really on see the smoke at night when i'm towing a heavy load

·
Registered
262 Posts
i got the edge j w/a and a smoke switch and it blows the smoke :peelout. all you have to do is wire a 10 ohm resistor in the wire mix and it wont throw a CEL :thumbsup atleast it worked for me...

·
Cummins Nut
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where did u get the smoke switch

·
Registered
108 Posts
Get a smarty, that will blow some smoke

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Get a smarty, that will blow some smoke
:agree2: My truck blows lots of smoke and I'm only running SW#5 with mild torque management. I never upgraded to the REVO software.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Where did u get the smoke switch

You make it just go to your local radioshack or something and get a switch some wire and connectors and a 10ohm resistor and your set...

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Just spend the $100 and get the HOT unlock..... then you'll see ALL the black smoke you want

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just spend the $100 and get the HOT unlock..... then you'll see ALL the black smoke you want
\

hey tclapp how does your tranney handle that extra power from the hot unlock? i was thinking about sending mine in so i can get it reflashed... is it worth the extra $100?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Exactly get it hot unlocked then you will be happy. It is a pretty big difference.:peelout

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
\

hey tclapp how does your tranney handle that extra power from the hot unlock? i was thinking about sending mine in so i can get it reflashed... is it worth the extra $100?

knock on wood it seems to be doing fine.... BUT i drive like a grandpa with fuel prices being like they are and its also makes a REMARKABLE difference in MPG if you leave it up on 6 with response level of 5 and drive like a grandpa i see 19 in town pretty easily (hand calculated) but thats what slow starts and timing the stop lights, but if you do wana get on it ITS THERE and it sure does roll some coal.....but for your question the most my edge has recorded was a 2% slip and I actually got on it PRETTY hard then

·
Registered
262 Posts
cool i think il be sending mine in tomorrow :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
i got the edge j w/a and a smoke switch and it blows the smoke :peelout. all you have to do is wire a 10 ohm resistor in the wire mix and it wont throw a CEL :thumbsup atleast it worked for me...
Thats what ive done. I drive on level 3/5 and i get a good amount. When its on 5/5, its impressive.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts