Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04.5 today started not wanting to change blower settings( foot,face,or any settings) No matter what the position is on it only blows to the windshield and a little air is coming out on the floor. the not and cold knob works and the fresh/recirculate door works. any ideas? Rob It did change a few times but took a long time to change.:confused013:

·
Registered
25 Posts
dont remember if thats elect. or vaccuum ran system. if vac. check for leak or vac. pump operation if elec. check your fuses then for power at the controls and blend motors i have an elec. diagram of the whole truck if you need it pm me and i can email it to you

·
World Champs!!!
24,255 Posts
Your defrost or blend door is likely broken. My 03 has been that way for 2 years, and is getting fixed this summer

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Yup. That's the first thing I checked on this truck before I got it. My 03 would take like 10 minutes before it would change from floor to windshield. Once I got it there it stayed there until I absolutely had to change it...
Good luck. It's a lot of work to fix it right. I think some guys are simply removing the door altogether and living with it that way....

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
funny thing the selector worked after I pulled the front dash cover. I had to change a gauge fitting in the cubby hole. has worked all day today. I am hoping either a little dust in the door or a loose connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts