Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever heard a diesel truck with a bov? does it sound good? I just got mine in from BD and there is a little more wireing involved than I thought but will try to get it installed soon. I want the ricers to hear a real turbo blow off!!! and it looks cool

·
MI Chapter President
5,582 Posts
Ive seen a few guys running them on the trucks to keep the turbo from barking. I have a TiAL in the garage that I was going to put on my 01 when I had the ProStreet66 since it barked pretty good when shifting (DTT auto) but sold the turbo and now its collecting dust :thud:

Ian

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can get 45 psi. I don't need it , no bark or anything, I just wanted it. I haven't ever heard one so I was going to give it a try. If it sound cool to me then it was worth it.

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,567 Posts
Howd it turn out?

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
YouTube - Cummins Throwing dirt

you can hear when he lets off the throttle, that hissing ratcheting sound, is not a good thing for turbo.

i've heard a blow off on a 6.4 and it didn't sound bad, but i thought ricer when i heard it.

i've heard of pwople putting duck calls or goose calls on the blow off valve to make it give that quack when it goes off instead of the "ricer" sound.

·
Registered
296 Posts
can't you just prevent barking by feathering the throttle? i can say only time i ever completely cut off the throttle was when i had to slam on the brakes. usually i just ease out of it.

Reactions: SmokenAce86

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,647 Posts
can't you just prevent barking by feathering the throttle? i can say only time i ever completely cut off the throttle was when i had to slam on the brakes. usually i just ease out of it.
Yup, but all it can take to kill a turbo is the chance happening you've spooled it hard and had to panic brake.

·
Banned
121 Posts
YouTube - Cummins Throwing dirt

you can hear when he lets off the throttle, that hissing ratcheting sound, is not a good thing for turbo.

that sound your hearing is the waste gate opening and that's one of the other things they are there for controlling boost and reliving pressure

·
Registered
529 Posts
whats he cheapest bov that will sound good i dont wanna pay no 700 dollars

·
Registered
529 Posts
where can i get 1 and how hard would it be?

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,636 Posts
I want one that sounds rad . How much and how howd to put on ?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.