Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much blow by is too bad ? The lil blow by bottle is gone from my truck and I've noticed the front axel and undercarrage getting a light film on it . Takes a few hundred miles to do so ....Is this bad? It has abou 199,XXX miles all stock when i bought it . My oil level always stays normal ... Any info on this would make me sleep better at night im not looking forward to a new motor just yet :CRY::$::thud:

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Lots of people get worked up over blow by.. dont unless your burning lots of oil or so low on compression the truck wont start. you have to remember these trucks vent to atmosphere unlike other engines (PCV) your going to see something comming out of that hose,, vapor/oil mix

so sleep well at night and dont mine the little drops of oil that your cummins leaves in the driveway as she marks her territory

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of people get worked up over blow by.. dont unless your burning lots of oil or so low on compression the truck wont start. you have to remember these trucks vent to atmosphere unlike other engines (PCV) your going to see something comming out of that hose,, vapor/oil mix

so sleep well at night and dont mine the little drops of oil that your cummins leaves in the driveway as she marks her territory

Sweet thanks bro .....Glad to hear she's not dying on me yet :thumbsup:peelout:woot:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
how about 2 quarts in 5K miles?

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how about 2 quarts in 5K miles?
She hasnt used any oil , my levels been fine every oil change and every morning i check it :hyper:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
:eek:hno:I'm talking about mine. 98K miles.

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
:woot: planning on upgrading turbo and was worried more boost = more blow by. :$:

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope your good to go , just talked to the head wrench turner at work , he said lil bit is normal she's just breathing . once it use's a few quarts a week then worry :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Thanks, I'll definatly sleep better tonight.:thumbsup And here I thought I drove over the Exon Valdez.:lol3:

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
Cummins say up to a quart every 1,500 miles is normal..

·
PA Diesel Fuel Mafia-Don
1,641 Posts
Well if you makes you guys feel any better, I bought my truck with a 145,xxx on it and the whole front of the engine and everything below is covered in oil. But did my first oil change at about 8500 miles since the last oil change according to the windsheild sticker and........wasn't low on oil at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts